The UK has the highest rate of Air Passenger Duty (APD) in Europe. Join our campaign to reduce the cost of family flights across the country, and allow the UK's economy to take off.Get InvolvedFind out more
Email your UK Member of Parliament or Member of the Legislative Assembly (Northern Ireland)
We need your support to help convince Members of the Westminster Parliament and Members of the Northern Ireland Assembly to reduce APD across the whole country. Send our pre-written campaign email to your representative by choosing from the following buttons:
Why should APD be reduced across the UK?
✈️ APD burdens families going on holiday
- APD makes it more expensive for families to go on holiday or visit friends and family abroad.
- APD is a burden on the family budget, putting UK families at a disadvantage compared to European families. Even with the recent changes exempting children from APD, a family holiday remains a significant purchase, in part because of APD paid on adult tickets.
✈️ APD is bad for UK PLC
- APD is bad for business, increasing the costs of UK companies trading internationally, and of international companies doing business with the UK. It is also bad for businesses dependent on domestic air travel.
- The British Chambers of Commerce calls APD ‘a trade tax on global traders’. The CBI, IoD and many other leading business groups have also highlighted its damage.
✈️ APD has a negative effect on tourism
- Travel and tourism is one of the UK economy’s most vibrant, diverse and valuable industries, contributing a staggering £127 billion to GDP annually and sustaining over 3 million UK jobs.
- With 72% of visits to the UK by air, APD has a direct negative impact on travel and tourism spending.